Monday, May 19, 2008

Lemon Pudding Cakes

Believe it or not, I made this recipe without changing a single thing. Although, I never actually measure citrus zest so what I added was probably a little more than a teaspoon. But, I used lemon, skim milk, and all the other suggested ingredients without any tinkering. So, the only newsworthy thing about this recipe is that it’s delicious. Definitely a keeper. The tops of my cakes didn’t brown in 37 minutes of baking, but the texture was right. They were cakey on top and puddingy on the bottom. Ok, maybe I did change one thing. The last line of the recipe reads: “serve warm or at room temperature,” but I enjoyed these chilled. The lemon pudding bottoms are especially refreshing and bright after sitting in the refrigerator for an hour or two.

This recipe appeared in the June 07 issue of Food and Wine and was then included in their Best Recipes of 2007. It’s from Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan and was adapted from The Greyston Bakery Cookbook. This means my Amazon wish list just got longer by one item.


I just realized lemon seems to be a recurring flavor in my posts. I promise I'm not receiving any sort of kick-back from the lemon association of America. I had lemons on my tree which is always thrilling, but they're all gone now. I can move on to other fruits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips